Radius Garden Tools Features
- Advanced ergonomic design minimizes hand and wrist stress and maximizes power and comfort.
- Aluminum/Magnesium blade is ultra-light, but very strong.
- Santoprene™ Thermoplastic handle provides a secure, comfortable grip whether wet or dry.
- "Radius Green" color will not get lost in the garden.
- The curve of the grip matches the curve of the palm of your hand.
- Lifetime Guarantee from Radius Tools
"I had the pleasure of testing your tools for National Home Gardening Club. I used them for about 6 weeks off and on. For the past 4 weeks I have used them almost daily and for a minimum of 2 hours at a time. My hands DO NOT HURT. This is the most wonderful product to come along for a long time. I have been telling everyone about them. Thank you for coming up with them."
"I received your garden tool package recently. It is awesome!! I totally love it. It is well made and easy to control."
c/o Waukesha Rose Society
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is "NRG"?
NRG stands for the patent pending "Natural Radius Grip" It allows the blade of a tool to be positioned so that the natural strength of your large muscles can flow in a path parallel to the radius bone in your forearm through the center of your wrist and through the grip toward the tip of the tool blade. With your wrist in the neutral position you have more power and more strength for gardening.
2. Why is the grip curved?
The curve of the grip matches the curve of the palm of your hand. We discovered and built the handle around a natural radius that allows you to hold the tools with your wrist in safe, neutral position at all angles of attack. This maximizes power and comfort while minimizing wrist and hand stress.
3. Why is the NRG handle so big around?
If it were smaller, like conventional handles, you would have to squeeze to hold the tools. With the Natural Radius Grip you can hold the tool securely without exerting pressure and wasting your energy.
4. I have a severe allergy to latex. What it the NRG handle made from?
We use a non-latex, thermoplastic called Santoprene™. It feels comfortable to the touch and has a high coefficient of friction whether it's wet or dry. It's also very durable and it bonds permanently with the polypropylene handle core.
5. Do the handles glow in the dark?
No, but they do glow in the light. We heard from many gardeners that one of the big problems with garden tools was that they were easy to misplace because of the dark colors most manufacturers use. Our Radius Green is such a bold color you will never lose it even in a dark shed or garage.
6. The metal looks different than my other garden tools. What is it?
We use a special aluminum/magnesium alloy for the blades. It weighs less than conventional diecast aluminum, but has strength characteristics similar to steel. We don't think it's ever been used before for garden tools, but we think its tensile strength characteristics make it ideal for garden tool blades.
7. The tools are incredibly lightweight. Are they strong?
We engineered the tools to eliminate all excess metal that wasn't needed for gardening or for tool strength. NRG tools are lighter weight than traditional garden tools, but have equal or better strength.
8. My garden tools are always falling apart. How long will these last?
We found in our research that most garden tools could be ripped apart by hand. NRG tools are designed to last. We guarantee them.